We understand that insurance and billing information can be quite confusing. Your insurance will be verified at the time of registration. However, to get the most out of your insurance coverage for physical therapy (PT) or occupational therapy (OT), it is best to contact your carrier directly. It is ultimately the patient’s responsibility to know his/her benefits.
Questions to ask your insurance provider
- Are my therapy benefits different for in-network vs. out-of-network providers?
- What are the PT/OT benefits for my insurance plan?
- Do I have a deductible for physical or occupational therapy?
- Do I have a co-pay and co-insurance?
- What is my out-of-pocket maximum?
- Is there a limit on the number of treatment sessions or dollar amount?
- Do I need pre-certification for therapy?
- Does my insurance cover durable medical equipment (i.e. braces)?
A few things to remember
Please make sure to bring your insurance card to your first appointment.
If you are a Workers’ Compensation patient, please bring your claim number and employer contact information.
Billing Company Information
As a courtesy to our patients, Proaxis Therapy has obtained the services of Medical Billing Center of the South, Inc. to handle all filing of claims and processing of account payments. For questions or concerns please contact:
Medical Billing Center of the South, Inc.
P.O. Box 509
Mauldin, SC 29662-0629
Billing is processed through Medical Billing Center of the South, Inc. For more information, please call (866) 679-1600.